The Maitland City Centre (MCC) project is a mixed use development with multi-family residential units, restaurant/retail/office and/or live/work commercial space and a multi-story parking garage. The project location is that area bounded on the north by Horatio Avenue, on the west by Independence Lane, on the east by US 17-92, and on the south by Packwood Avenue (also referred to as the old Winn Dixie site and the New Traditions Bank Plaza parcels). The parcels are 3.2178 acres and a floor area ratio of 2.39+/- is proposed. Building heights vary within the proposed project from one (1) story (total height of 30 feet +/- to the top of the roof) to a maximum height for the mixed use building of six stories (total height to top of roof ridge 75 feet and 6 inches +/-). Roof elements and focal points vary in height with a maximum height of 83 feet and 6 inches +/- to the top of stair tower, a seven story parking garage with a total height to the top of the garage deck parapet wall of 77 feet +/- and non-habitable stair tower of 83 feet +/1. The proposed developer's agreement and exhibits are attached on the right.
The Project was discussed at the following public meetings:
- Community Redevelopment Agency Board - Monday, May 5, 2014 at 6:30 pm - click here for Meeting Minutes and Agenda
- Community Redevelopment Agency Board - Tuesday, June 17, 2014 at 6:30 pm - click here for Meeting Minutes and Agenda
- Planning & Zoning Commission Meeting - Thursday, August 21, 2014 at 6:30 pm - click here for agenda
- Planning & Zoning Commission - Thursday, October 16, 2014 at 6:30 pm - click here for Agenda
- City Council/Community Redevelopment Agency Board & Community Redevelopment Agency Advisory Board - Thursday, October 23, 2014 at 5.30 PM. click here for an agenda
- Community Redevelopment Agency Board - Workshop - Tuesday, November 11, 2014 at 12.00 PM. click here for agenda
- City Council/Community Redevelopment Agency Board - Monday, November 17, 2014 at 6.30 PM. The City Council and CRA Board will consider the proposed MCC developers agreement. click here for agenda
The MCC project is currently going through the site plan review process, to be followed by the building permit application review process. It is currently expected that demolition of existing buildings will occur in the Fall of 2015, and the initiation of construction will occur in the Winter of 2015-2016.
July 9, 2015, article in the Orlando Business Journal: http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/morning_call/2015/07/exclusive-work-to-start-on-new-66m-downtown.html?ana=e_orl_rdup&s=newsletter&ed=2015-07-10&u=MPJgOSHMFfNpdSWlI0r4Cg0d0425d4&t=1436530710
On the right, is a map of the general location of the proposed Maitland City Centre Project. For additional information on the project, please contact Dick Wells, Community Development Director, at 407-539-6211 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
LAST UPDATED JULY 10, 2015, AT 9:21 AM